Quiet Sunday morning ~

Quiet Sunday morning ~
Maya teaching Maxy to read

a teeshirt Re -fashion passion

a  teeshirt  Re -fashion passion
bubbleskirt dress re-fashion by yours truly

Thursday, March 15, 2012

What sweetness and contentment is today!

Today I find myself spending time in front of my comp. There are days when my time is so free and ample, that I have difficulty deciding what to do with it.

Oh I hear you readers' thinking aloud "wow, must be nice , having more time to do whatever you like!"

Upon arising, ( but after my first cup of coffee, good morning to those who are already up, and turning on my computer) I usually begin to daydream about the weather, and ( depending on the kind of weather)  what I might possibly DO in it/with it/about it ...well you get the idea!  That question settled, I might think about getting dressed, tidying up my bedroom, answering emails, posting new or old pics on facebook, chatting with my sister at work, doing last nights dishes, brushing my teeth ( but not necessarily in that order) Shopping some thrift shop or another, finding that perfect book, or trinket, for one of those beautiful people that inhabit my small world.

Well then, depending on things I accomplished yesterday, (or did not accomplish) I will start to get jumpy, anxious, and a little upset with my own attitude,  and lack of direction, including my inability to  stay on track, I begin to get that  guilt trip...you know the one...shoulda, woulda, coulda done this??

Now I know, dear Reader, that you have already forgiven  me for wasting that precious morning, that you all would have used more judiciously than I.

Upon reflection today, as I peruse  yet another sewing blog, or vintage yardsale online ;  refold and rearrange my beautiful new pile of fabric that came in yesterdays' mail, or admire yet again, that lovely sewing project  I completed last night,( or the week before, or the year before!) As  I wait,  and await, the arrival of that little yellow school bus,  carrying my sweet little granddaughter home from her Pre-K at lunchtime ~

I begin to  feel that small lump growing in my throat, and a soft smile building on my face.

What a sweetness, and contentment I begin to understand , is my life today.
How I have arrived at this spot in time, and how much I have accomplished, not THIS morning, but in all the multitude of busier mornings, that have made up my busy life ! My gratitude is infinite:  for the age I have become, for every wrinkle or grey hair I have earned, for the multitude of my blessings, and for this sunny morning,  that is mine to smile about and "waste" at my leisure.

Please, dear Reader,  remember to savour, and enjoy the blessing of yet one more sunny morning in your life.
                                          Margaret Louise  aka ~ Maggielucia

No comments:

Post a Comment

winter is here!

winter is here!
snow angel

pumpkin carving family

pumpkin carving family
before

halloween jack o lanterns

halloween jack o lanterns
each one made by a different family member~ the kittycat is Mayas' and the ghost is Madisons' favourite!

our little cutie

our little cutie

bibbity bobbity boo!

bibbity bobbity boo!
our fairy princess